Every student in the School is a member of the Library and is encouraged to use it. The collection is located on the southern ground floor with entry from the School Foyer on Sydney Square. A reading culture is nurtured through the Literature Circles programme and an enticing fiction collection. Students are also given explicit teaching about research skills and effective use of technology. Junior School students may borrow 1-4 books at a time; Middle School and Senior students may borrow 6-10 books at a time. Some books are available on short or restricted loan only, such as the HSC collection and textbooks, and their return on time is a serious responsibility.
Why should students learn to use a library well?
- You improve your ability to research
- You refine your literacy and information skills
- You become a critical thinker in dealing with an overwhelming flood of information
- You can improve your school and HSC results significantly
- You increase your likelihood of achieving well in life and career
- A love of reading can be encouraged and supported.
The Library is open throughout the day for senior and junior classes. Before and after School, at recess and at lunchtime, students are free to come in to read, browse and research.
Students may not remain in the library after library staff have left for the day - students may not stay in the library even if study centre is operating unless they are a member of study club.
At all times the right to use the Library depends on behaviour which respects the rights of others.
- SACS Library Website
- SACS Library Catalogue
- Schoology Course: please see the library course (under the courses tab) on Schoology with further information for students and staff.