There are a huge number of apps that allow for amazing content creation, access, connection and sharing.
- We have consolidated our app list and review it regularly. Staff and students can make recommendations to their Leader of Learning or teacher. Apps are reviewed and added tot he list as required.
- apps are purchased on behalf of students and distributed via AirWatch.
- detailed content about the apps is shared on http://learningshared.com.au/ipads
Lists of Apps: All stages, Stage 3 and Years 7-9
- There are a number of powerful apps not on this list but we are recommending the following consolidated lists.
- Apps specific to stage 3 or years 7-9 are below this main list.
- Pages - native word processing on an iPad
- Keynote - native presentations on an iPad
- iMovie - easy and powerful video creation
- Garageband - audio, podacasts and music creation
- iBooks - eBook and pdf reader
Office Apps: bringing "Office" to the iPad along with storage, edits, sharing and collaboration. Office access and edits are also available in the browser across devices.
- OneNote - typed and handwritten notes with sections and pages
- Excel (Years 7-9)
- OneDrive - storage access and sharing of files and folders
Multidisciplinary Content Creation Apps:
- Explain Everything - incredible options for creating super simple "Screen Casts"
- Book Creator - awesome eBooks along with the option to print very neat hard copies.
- Notability - awesome notetaking with great inking, filing and back up
- i-Nigma - quick and powerful reader for QR codes
- GreenScreen by Doink - amazing GreenScreening on an iPad!
- Inspiration Maps - Mindmapping
- Aurasma - Augmented reality
- National Geographic Atlas
- MyScript Calculator - handwritten script calculator
Other Graphics and Video editing: (further investigation still underway)
- Snapseed - Free and powerful image photo edits
- PaperbyFiftyThree - handwritten notes and art now tied in with OneNote
- iMotion (Years 7-9) - Stop frame animation
- Koma Koma (Stage 3) - Simple but powerful stop frame animation
Apps for School Applications and services:
- Schoology - access and ability to submit all types of content to Schoology via the iPad
- LearningField (Years 7-10 only) - Access to textbooks
- ClickView (Years 7-12)
- IGA Xerox app - printing straight from iPads (content picked up after logging in to printer)
Subject specific Apps:
- Mathletics (Stage 3 only)
- Music Theory (Years 7 and 8 and elective music 9 only)
Further graphics, animation and 3D apps: further recommendations will be made in Term 1 2016
Coding Apps: our list of recommendations for coding apps to compliment code.org and other online content will be added in Term 1 2016
Adobe and AutoDesk apps: we are currently investigating how to make the is work best for us including how to manage Adobe ID accounts
Music apps - we are still working with our Music teachers to refine this part of the list (24/11/2015) Come back soon.
Technology Department Apps - we are still working with our DART teachers to refine this part of the list (24/11/2015) Come back soon.
LOTE apps - we are still working with our Language teachers to refine this part of the list (24/11/2015) Come back soon.
Our main objective is not to talk about the app but the tasks that can be achieved with apps within each learning area. We want to highlight the learning that is enabled with appropriate use of technology and we are sharing our journey with tips tricks and techniques for using iPads effectively for learning. We are doing this on our blog at http://learningshared.com.au/ipads