Students in Year 5-9 will use iPads as their personal learning device. Students in years 10-12 can use an iPad and/or a laptop.
- a WiFi iPad Air 2 64GB+ OR a WiFi 9.7 inch iPad Pro with Apple Pencil
- A case with lots of corner protection like the STM Dux for iPad or iPad Pro with Apple Pencil holder
- Extended warranty and expert support from Apple for two years with AppleCare+
IT SHOULD NOT:
- have less than 32GB storage
- be an iPad earlier than iPad Air2 (some of our main apps crash regularly on older iPad)
- be enabled with an active 3G/4G connection (there is not to be a SIM card in the device when at school)
- iPad Minis are NOT recommended due to the size of the screen for typing.
- The full-size iPad Pro is NOT recommended due to the cost, chance of breaking and possible cost of repair - NOTE: the new 9.7 inch iPad Pro model is a great option with the Apple Pencil.
The School has negotiated an arrangement with a preferred supplier, Church Resources, allowing purchasers to take advantage of the special pricing. We are happy for families to source iPads through other suppliers or to use iPads they own already if they are suitable. IMPORTANT NOTE: 28/1/17 CR are having stock problems and have suspended the portal until this changes.
We suggest parents carefully consider arranging insurance cover for their child/ward's iPad. Many Home and Content Insurance Policies have the option to add electronic devices to guard against loss or theft while away from home. Please discuss this with your insurance company.