Students in Year 5-9 will use iPads as their personal learning device. Students in years 10-12 can use an iPad and/or a laptop.
- a WiFi iPad Air 2 64Gb
NOTE: a wifi 9.7 inch iPad Pro or iPad 10.5 inch iPad Pro with an Apple Pencil is a more powerful acceptable device.
- A case with lots of corner protection like the STM Dux for iPad or iPad Pro with Apple Pencil holder
- Extended warranty and expert support from Apple for two years with AppleCare+
IT SHOULD NOT:
- have less than 32GB storage
- be an iPad earlier than iPad Air 2 (older iPads can end up unable to update and run apps we require)
- be enabled with an active 3G/4G connection (there is not to be a SIM card in the device when at school)
- iPad Minis are NOT recommended due to the size of the screen for typing.
- The full-size iPad Pro is NOT recommended due to the cost, chance of breaking and possible cost of repair.
We suggest parents carefully consider arranging insurance cover for their child/ward's iPad. Many Home and Content Insurance Policies have the option to add electronic devices to guard against loss or theft while away from home. Please discuss this with your insurance company.